Craig and I met our junior year of high school, we became good friends throughout that year but never thought of dating (secretly from the day I had met Craig I had a crush on him that no one ever knew about). After graduation we lost contact during the summer but once college started we would run into each other all of the time, I would even give him rides home from school since he was car-less at that time due to his recent car accident. Craig left on his mission in December of 2007 right before Christmas, I was unable to go to his farewell but prior to him leaving I stopped by his house and I made him promise to write me at least once while he was on his mission in Chile. During the two years that Craig was serving his mission I didn't think that I would ever receive a letter from him, but about one year into his mission I got a letter and we continued to write each other up until a few months before he came home.
While Craig was on his mission I buried my head in my school work, working on trying to get my Associates of Health Science and then getting into nursing school. I accomplished both prior to him getting home! I had completed once semester of my LPN year of nursing school at the Ogden Weber ATC before Craig came home. Craig's homecoming date was January 8th, 2010...my birthday! Personally I had no clue he was home but he found me on Facebook right after he had returned home. Being in school and working part time kept me really busy and I really didn't have a whole lot of time to date but somehow we made it work. Our first date was on February 24th when we went out to dinner and then watched a movie, after that date the rest is history! Craig and I quickly fell in love with each other and on the 26th of June we got engaged!
During the time we were dating we had a chance to go to Cancun Mexico with my family for Kate's graduation trip.
It was one of the greatest vacations every! I was very glad that Craig was able to come on this family adventure with us!
September 10th of 2010 was the greatest day of our lives when we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Ogden Temple. Our reception was outside at the Getaway Lodge...that evening it was freezing cold but everyone was real happy because we served hot chocolate and warm peach-mango cobbler (which Craig and I never got to taste!).
Walking out of the temple.
All of the family and friends that were able to make it to the ceremony!
My bridesmaids and Craig's groomsmen.
Our first dance as a couple.
It was freezing so we were both trying to stand as close as possible to the heater.
Our friends so kindly decorated our car....it was adorable but a mess to clean up!
We spent our honeymoon and Cabo Mexico which was an absolutely amazing trip and was very beautiful! I was actually able to somewhat conquer one of my fears while we were down there...heights! We spend a week down there, which in my opinion was to short of a time to spend in paradise.
The one night that we went out to a very nice Mexican restaurant...the food was delicious!
Happy Hour providing virgin fruit drinks was one of our favorite times of the day when we were out by the pool.
This is the view from our room...the waves were usually huge and I loved watching them!
On our way to a boat tour in Cabo San Lucus...we also did some great shopping too!
On the boat tour. They made us wear silly looking life jackets but it is better to be safe than sorry!
Playing on pelican beach...the sun was way bright! The water was way calm and perfect to swim in.
Me trying my first real authentic Mexican food. It was really good!
Yup that is me! We went on a zip line tour and it included repelling a rock wall...it was the most scariest thing I have ever done!
Once we returned home from our honeymoon I started back to work at the hospital as an LPN and Craig went back to school and work as well.
We have now been married for 8 1/2 months and they have been great!














Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. :) Your blog is adorable! I love the background.
ReplyDelete