Friday, August 5, 2011

Camping Trip!!!

During the week of July 15th-23rd Craig and I were able to go camping with my mom's side of the family. This camping trip has been a tradition since my great-grandpa started it when he had a young family and we have all made a promise to keep up this tradition. You might be thinking a week of camping with not only the siblings and the parents but also with the cousins and aunts and uncles may not be such a blast but this trip is the best trip ever and we all have great memories from spending time together for a week. This year we had between 30 to 40 people camping throughout the week because some people had to leave early; even though people had to leave early we all made memories that would last us a life time and pictures that will last forever. :) 

So where is this place that we go camping? We go up to a place called Labarge, Wyoming...there is a town that is called Labarge that is on the boarders of a forest, we certainly don't camp in the town, we head out into the forest! For a week we have no cell phone service and no internet unless we want to drive out off the dirt road back to the main highway. We don't really rough it that much, we have trailers with generators yes but that is because we are camping for a week not just a few days! We also take fourwheelers up with us and we go for a least one ride a day. Hiking is another favorite and this year it was an adventure because we had three little kids under the age of 5 with us, they kept us all laughing!

There are so many pictures that I would love to share with all of you but that would take far to long to upload and then that much longer to look through all of them so for now I will show you my favorites!! 

This was the first ride of the camping trip in dad's new toy...the razor 4 seater!!

Our hair looked awesome after the ride

Craig helping clean up breakfast, which was delicious!!!

Our awesome tent!

Our set up inside the huge tent!

Little Brody becomes your friend if you give him a snack...he also owns the place too :)

Craig being silly 

Craig driving the fourwheeler with me riding behind him

Lots of snow this year!!

A pretty river in the back ground

Crystal Lake... so beautiful!

Lauren, Mallori, Kate and Savana at Crystal Lake

yup, enough snow that I could try to through a snowball at Craig...I totally missed. 


I got Craig into ready the Hunger Games...he couldn't put it down! :)

Our tent all lit up at night

Craig and I before a hike!

Yup we saw a black bear...first time ever seeing one in the wild!

Hiking up to the lake we named BaCarMec...the last names all put together

Hiking down a hill in the snow, a couple of us fell on the way down.

Most of the family up at BaCarMec


Kate, Dad and Mallori skipping 

Haha I was trying to be cool. 

Elder Ethan Mecham came to visit us!

Kate and Mallori on the little fourwheeler prior to us going on the upper loop ride

Kate and Mallori in the mud...they got stuck and fell off, it was so funny!!

They themselves were stuck!

They made it back up!!

They fell back down lol

Dad driving through the big mud puddle...Craig and I are in the back. 

All the boys and the "boob" tree



Brody fell asleep before the hike even started!!

The fontenels that we hiked up to


the flowers were beautiful

Little Kenz was super sleepy on the way back to the fourwheelers

There was a burnt up van in the middle of a field

The three little kids on a fourwheeler ride

The family on the ride of the Lower Loop



Us at Crystal Lake

Some pretty yellow flowers :)


I love spending time with this family, it is always so much fun and we all get along so great. My cousin's are like my brothers and sisters and I hope for it to always stay that way. Craig had a blast going on his first camping trip with my family and is already getting ready for next year's trip! 

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures of this wonderful and fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment