Thursday, December 15, 2011

Graduation!

Graduation has come and gone very quickly, I was able to walk on Friday December 9th 2011 to receive my Associates of Health Science in Nursing! I can't believe that i have made it this far, that I actually no have a full degree in nursing meaning I finally get to become a Registered Nurse!
One of my closest friends who has helped me through nursing school...we did it all together!!
I remember back when I was 9 years old when my little brother Bryson was born and placed in the NICU for several weeks due to him coming early. Every day after school my little sis and I would sit at the NICU window and watch the nurses take care of the sick babies, we loved seeing the new babies! And that is when I decided....I decided to become a nurse, at the age of 9 so that I could one day take care of sick little babies like the ones I watched through the window, like my little brother.
I never thought the day would actually finally come that I would graduate with my RN, getting into nursing school itself was a hard and long process filled with many rejection letters.  It was a day for celebration when I was accepted into the OWATC LPN program and then into Weber State Universities RN program.
I am grateful for all of the love and support my husband, parents, siblings, in-laws, extended family and friends that have helped me make it to this pivotal turning point in my life....Thank you for everything you guys!!
Brooke and I graduated together! 
My cute, wonderful, supporting hubby! :)

My mom and I...I couldn't have made it this far without her!
What is next now that I have graduated you may ask....I am now getting ready to start the BSN program at Weber State starting in January 2012. I feel a little crazy and overwhelmed about doing this right now but I know it is the right thing to do. The sooner this next step is over the sooner Craig and I are to starting a little family of our own! :)
Thanks again to everyone who has helped me make my dreams and goals come true since I was 9 years old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment